· Course Information
· Assignment Schedule
· Zoom: Getting Started
Welcome to Introduction to Linux! I'm your instructor, Eric Skagerberg, and you'll find my recorded lectures and transcripts from the Spring 2021 course on the Modules page of your course material on the Cisco Networking Academy site.
Our Linux Essentials course material is free online for students of this course. You won't need to buy a book. Although I have some recommended books in the SRJC bookstore, they're for reference only, and you won't require them.
how to get started:
- By the start of the semester, your instructor will add your account to the Linux Essentials course material on the Cisco Networking Academy, so you can log in and begin working.
- If you already have a Cisco Networking Academy or Cisco Netspace account from a previous course, please use that user name and password to log in.
- If you do not have a previous Cisco Networking Academy account, look for a course invitation email by the start of the course. You may see a Subject line containing "Cisco NetSpace Login Information". Follow the directions to establish your user name and password. If you do not find an invitiation email, even in your Junk or Spam folder, please contact your intstructor immediately.
- Read the Course Information.
- Read the Assignments & Exams Schedule.
- Read Zoom: Getting Started to prepare yourself and your computer
for the online recorded lectures.
- In the Cisco Networking Academy course material, open the Modules section for the assignments and lecture recordings.
- Optional: Make your own Linux system: see the Portable Linux page.